I never thought I’d be able to bake a bread so fancy dancy and swirly dirly, let alone taste amazingly so!!!
Simply Sesame has this awesome recipe contest going on right now and would you believe it!? I entered this gorgeous bread.
Yes, this is what I have created to showcase the most decadent sesame butter I have ever tasted. And to boot-I created a savory goat cheese and Gorgonzola cranberry spread to serve with it.
Of course, also laced with more Simply Sesame spread.
This gem of a snowflake is baked with layers of Simply Sesame’s Pistachio and Cardamom flavored spread and then adorned with chopped pistachios and a snow cloud of confectioner sugar. It is simply stunning for Simply Sesame.
I know, I know, there are a LOT of pictures, but I couldn’t get over how beautiful this bread turned out. I literally did NOT want to cut it!
My kids could not stop eating it. I HAD to stop eating due to carb overload. But….you better believe I went and ordered MORE Simply Sesame so I can make this for CHRISTMAS!!! I mean, yum!!!
The bread alone is delightfully soft and subtly sweet, adapted from Taste of Home’s star bread. Anyone can make it.
If you’ve ever thought you can’t make fancy bread, think again. I’ve even got pictures for you!! So when you read the recipe, refer to this pic and your bread will be gorgeous-I promise!
Thank you Simply Sesame for introducing to me the simplicity of roasted organic Sesame seeds and GMO free oils with one of a kind flavors. Move over chocolate hazelnut spread, there’s a new guy in the kitchen!! Holla!
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
Snowflake Sesame Sweet Bread with Savory Goat Cheese
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Number of servings: 16
Per Serving 297 calories
Fat 14 g
Carbs 35 g
Protein 10 g
A warm sweet bread with layers of sweet sesame paste and sweet cranberries with a sprinkling of pistachios and powdered sugar. Serve this beautiful snowflake with savory goat cheese spread and watch it soften over the bread.
- 1 package or 1/4 oz active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water, 110F-115F
- 3/4 cup warm milk, 110F-115F
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cardamom (optional)
- 3 3/4 cups flour, divided
- 3/4 cup Simply Sesame Pistachio and Cardamom flavor
- 3/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 Tb unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 2 Tb finely chopped pistachios
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 8 oz soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup Simply Sesame Pure Roasted Sesame flavor
- 1 Tb lightly dried or fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
For the Bread
For the Savory Goat Cheese
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a small bowl or glass until foamy, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, warm the milk in the microwave or stovetop and gather the remaining ingredients, bowls, pizza pan and silicone mat/rolling pin for rolling dough, and 2 1/2" round cookie cutter or similar marker.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, softened butter, sugar, salt and optional cardamom. Mix well and then add yeast mixture and 3 cups flour. Mix until smooth.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Carefully knead in 1/4 cup flour, using more or less depending on humidity. Knead for 6-8 minutes until smooth and elastic, to allow the gluten to develop. Place dough into a lightly greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the goat cheese in a large bowl. Using a mixer, combine well. Transfer to a dip or spread bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- After dough has double in size, turn dough out onto floured surface. Using remaining 1/4 cup flour and adding as needed, continue as follows:
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out one dough ball into a 12" circle, dusting as needing so dough does not stick.
- Transfer dough to greased pizza pan.
- Carefully spoon 4 Tb of Simply Sesame Pistachio and Cardamom flavor over dough and spread with back of spoon, being careful not to tear the dough. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries.
- Repeat with remaining 3 dough balls, ending with a layer of dough.
- Use a 2 1/2" round cookie cutter, place in the center over dough layers; do not press down. With the cookie cutter as a guide, use a sharp knife to make 16 even cuts from cookie cutter to outside of circle. Remove cookie cutter. Carefully take two strands and twist two times outwards. Pinch the two ends together. Repeat around the circle, two strands at a time, making 8 twists. After pressing seams together, tuck the outer corners of each pair down to bring each twist to a triangle, making the whole bread resemble a star, or snowflake.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush tops gently with melted butter. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with cold goat cheese spread.
*This post was sponsored by Bonelli Fine Food®, the makers of Simply Sesame. I received free product from the sponsor for participating in their Blogger Recipe Challenge. No additional compensation was received by me. All opinions, text, images, and adapted recipe are my own. Feel free to substitute the branded ingredients as needed with a like for like product.