When you’re in a rush and want to get the kids to stop monkeying around, you distract them with Monkey Bread!
Did you know that if you use the flaky layer style biscuits, the sweet sticky syrup nestles into all the nooks and crannies?
So here’s a quick treat for you to make all your monkeys!
And it’s gone!
And as soon as I find my really good camera charger, we will be seeing these iPhone 7 shots 😉 hehe.
Happy monkeying around!
Maxed Out Monkey Bread
Total Time: 45 minutes
Number of servings: 12
Per Serving 318 calories
Fat 20 g
Carbs 36 g
Protein 2 g
- 2 - 16oz cans jumbo flaky layers biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pop open each can of biscuits and separate the biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half, then into 3, creating 6 pieces each.
- In a large bowl or gallon plastic bag, combine the white sugar and cinnamon. Add the biscuit pieces a little at a time and toss or shake well to coat all the pieces evenly.
- Spray a bundt pan well with cooking spray. Arrange the coated biscuit pieces evenly in the bundt pan. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon and sugar mixture over the biscuits.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid scorching. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Carefully pour mixture over biscuits in bundt pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until set and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let bread rest for 5 minutes. Then place a serving platter over the top and carefully invert onto plate.
- Serve immediately, pulling pieces off with fork (use caution if using fingers as it will be hot and sticky) or slicing into wedges.