I’ve never been to a cookie exchange. I’ve always wanted to. But then, I may take days to decide on a cookie that I truly cared about sharing. This week the Secret Recipe Club members opted for a virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange for the holidays.
There were so many cookies on Nicole’s blog over at I Am a Honey Bee. I had a hard time choosing between her Maple Walnut Oatmeal Cookies or her Monster Cookies for my kids. If I had seen her latest Chocolate Mint Chip Sandwich Cookies before these ones, I’d have dove in. I’ve been obsessed with chocolate and mint lately.
But this recipe had me at Sea Salt. Just like Nic (hey, she goes by the same nickname as my son!) loves salt over chocolate, I love salt with chocolate!
I opted for her Pillowy Chocolate Cream Cheesy Cookies. I loved the sea salt on the chocolate tangy cookie!
I hope you decide to pop on over to Nic’s blog at I Am a Honey Bee. This gal from Connecticut had a couple mishaps in high school with a sewing machine and a treadmill, that I enjoyed reading about. But I’m pretty sure she’s best in the kitchen than her high school activities 😉
So please, for the love of cookies, make these, and go visit I Am a Honey Bee.
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
8 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the softened butter, granulated and brown sugars and vanilla, until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in flour mixture, then the chocolate chips.
Try very hard not to eat the cookie dough 🙂
Using a cookie scoop, drog by spoonfuls onto ungreased non-stick baking sheets or onto non-stick baking mats or parchment paper.
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator up to one week.
What is your favorite cookie combo?
Creamy Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Number of servings: 60
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 3
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the softened butter, granulated and brown sugars and vanilla, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the softened cream cheese.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture, then the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drog by spoonfuls onto ungreased non-stick baking sheets or onto non-stick baking mats or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack.