Hi there!!! Where in the world have you been? I’ve been sitting here waiting for you! Oh wait, no, I’m lying. I actually have about 5 recipes I’ve photographed and written down, but have yet to get them to these pages. What is the deal!?!
Hey at least I got something posted again, lol. I’ve been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobusy! You get it right?! Four kids. Full time job. Full time house. Full time chef. Full time special needs tutor. Full time wife. Oi yoi yoi. Eek!
Okay, so on to the cookies. Are they cookies? Are they cake? I couldn’t decide!!! My whole intention was those decadent pumpkin roll cakes filled with the fluffy cream cheese frosting. You know the ones. But then these cookies married my yummy cheesecake filling and they were so decadently fluffy that my baby girl dubbed these cakes, or shall we call them cakies!!
Mixed with some cheesecake flair, these Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Cakes are so cinnamonly delicious, you won’t know when to stop! My kids ate nearly two dozen by themselves. And this did make quite a lot.
My kids love the first week of each month. Because they know mommy will be making some kind of cookie for the Fill the Cookie Jar recipe exchange. Don’t miss a month! Stay in touch!
This recipe is super simple with no need to refrigerate the cookie dough or filling beforehand. It is derived from this recipe at Better Homes and Gardens. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
Alright let’s not waste any time. Here’s the recipe so you can make these for next cider night in front of the fire.
Unless you want to take a virtual bite. Go ahead, I’ll wait.
Don’t forget the milk (okay, or cider!)
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Cakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Number of servings: 48
Per Serving 101 calories
Fat 6 g
Carbs 12 g
Protein 1 g
These cookies will have you wondering whether you are eating cake, cookies, or cheesecake. Try the best of all worlds!
- 8 oz lowfat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup, plus 2 Tb pumpkin puree
- 2 cups, plus 2 Tb flour
For the Cheesecake Filling
For the Pumpkin Cake Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese and the sugar. Mix until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla until combined. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Wash and dry the stand mixer to prepare the cookie batter. In the stand mixer, beat the butter until soft and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat well, about one minute. Add the spices, salt, and baking soda and baking powder. Mix until combined well.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Beat in the pumpkin.
- Gradually beat in the flour until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop the cookie batter onto ungreased cookie sheets, spaced 2 inches apart. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of the cheesecake filling onto each cookie batter mound. Using a fork, gently swirl the cheesecake filling onto the cookie batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just set on top and lightly golden at the edges. Let cool on cookie sheets 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.