Our current event #HotSummerEats has me really thinking about summer bonfires and beach waves. That alone is reminiscent of anything seafood in my opinion, especially hot broiled seafood.
When I received a complimentary bottle of Garlic Goodness from Intensity Academy for my participation in this event, I immediately knew I wanted to use it to garnish and infuse some hot seafood dip. And there is no better place to put it than in a fresh baked bread bowl. Intensity Academy’s Garlic Goodness is a garlic laced hot sauce full of vibrant color and original flair. Combined with salty flaked crab and fresh and bold crawfish, creamy cheeses and white wine, these bread bowls will fit right into your summer nights.
Now I’m not much of a bread baker and I still need practice, so I borrowed a recipe from Half Baked Harvest and her Sourdough Bread Bowls. You can find that recipe here. When your bread bowls are baked and ready for filling, you can start your seafood dip.
Garlic Surf in a Bowl – Garlicky Seafood Dip Bowls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Number of servings: 6
- 6 bread bowls
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 Tb bacon fat
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 12 oz frozen crawfish meat, thawed
- 12 oz crab meat, drained and picked through
- 1 1/2 Tb Garlic Goodness hot sauce or equivalent
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium high heat and add the bacon fat and 1/4 onion, diced. Stir and cook until onion is slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup white wine and cook down slightly until wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the thawed crawfish meat and drained crab meat. Stir in 1 1/2 Tb Garlic Goodness and Worcestershire sauce. Add the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir until combined. Pour the dip into a greased oven safe casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes until bubbly.
- Hollow out the bread bowls with a sharp knife or your fingers and divide the seafood dip into the bread bowls. Top each bread bowl with a Tb of Parmesan cheese and place on a baking sheet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with bread pieces from hollowed out portions. Garnish with additional Garlic Goodness hot sauce if desired.
This post was sponsored by Intensity Academy. I received one bottle of garlic hot sauce from the sponsors for participating in #HotSummerEats. No additional compensation was received by me. All opinions, text, images, and recipe are my own, unless otherwise noted. Feel free to substitute the branded ingredients as needed with a like for like product.