“Beans, beans, they’re good for your heart, the more you eat, the more you…”, um get healthy?
Prep Time: 23 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 24 hours
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 398 calories
Fat 7 g
Carbs 68 g
Protein 21 g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®:
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 2 cups dried garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic (Finicky Shark says if too spicy-use less garlic)
- 1 Tb coriander
- 1 Tb cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 handfuls fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Zest AND juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray for baking
- 12-24 hours before hand, cover the dried garbanzo beans with two inches of water and let soak, then rinse and drain.
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Place garbanzo beans in food processor and pulse until broken down.
- Add remaining ingredients except for S&P and combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop mixture by tablespoons and form into small balls-1 Tb, or roll carefully into logs-2 Tb. Transfer to cooking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spray falafels again with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Rotate falafels, spray again and bake for another 15 minutes until browned evenly.