Very few foods make it on my favorite-never get sick of-can eat it everyday-snack time-meal time-get in my belly-list. One of those is yogurt. Greek yogurt. Now 5 years ago when I started eating Greek yogurt, I may have made a sour face but seriously, I eat it plain with my granola winnings at least once or twice a week now. I actually love the plain unflavored Chobani!
Chobani makes a great thick Greek yogurt-and they offer fat free too! And I love cooking with it! Or using it instead of sour cream. So when Chobani asked me to network with them for their #MadeWithChobani event for Game Day Tailgating goodies, of course I said “yes!”
A bit of recipe developing and a craving led me to make these no fat added baked chicken wings and potato wedges with blue cheese yogurt dip. Mmm, I don’t think I’ve ever had such a healthy and super tasty game day appetizer ever! (Except maybe the crudité tray.)
My favorite part about these wings is they are messy in a healthy good way! They are crisp on the outside with a peppery blend of spices coating every inch. The inside is juicy tender, not from grease like a typical fried wing, but from actual juices brought out by the tenderizing marinade of Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt and garlic chili sauce (Sriracha).
The crisp tender potato wedges-well they don’t use Chobani, but they do go awesome with the Blue Cheese Yogurt Dip!
Oh, and a shot glass is perfect for serving the Blue Cheese Yogurt Dip for the perfect portion of yummy! Just use some celery sticks to dig way at the bottom.
I hope you get a chance to make this for your next ball game or holiday party!
Such simple and fresh ingredients!
Cut the wings on the joints and toss the wing tips.
Mix the marinade and toss with the wings in a zip tight bag.
Mash together the blue cheese, seasonings and garlic with the lemon juice and vinegar.
Toss the potatoes with the seasoning blend after they’ve been lightly coated with cooking spray.
Bake them skin side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake the chicken wings after they have marinated at least 2 hours.
Sprinkle them with the pepper blend and broil for a few minutes to crisp them up and seal in the flavor.
Hey, you don’t have to wait for game day to make these! Make them your dinner tonight! Everything is better when it’s #MadeWithChobani.
And here’s the recipe!
Peppery Baked Wings and Wedges (Lowfat)
Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Number of servings: 5
Per Serving 747 calories
Fat 39 g
Carbs 51 g
Protein 50 g
Nutrition is for 5 Servings. For a lighter version, serve only 4 potato wedges (recipe is for 8 slices/person) and 2 Tb of dipping sauce with 4 wing pieces and celery.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, trimmed, and cut at the joints (about 10 wings)
- 1/2 cup Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt (Nonfat)
- 1/4 cup garlic chili sauce (Sriracha)
- 6 Tb Six Pepper Blend spice mix (Durkee)
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- cooking spray
- 1 cup Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt (Nonfat)
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp garlic purée
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 5 russet potatoes, cut into wedges of equal size, about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup dry parmesan cheese
- 1 Tb all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp seasoning salt (Lawry's)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- cooking spray
For the Baked Wings
Blue Cheese Yogurt Dip
For the Potato Wedges
- Trim and remove chicken wing ends and cut at joints to separate wings into two. Rinse and pat dry. Combine the yogurt and garlic chili sauce in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a zip tight bag and pour yogurt marinade over chicken. Seal and massage chicken in bag to coat. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but no longer than 12 hours.
- Prepare the blue cheese yogurt dip by combining the blue cheese, garlic and seasonings with the lemon juice and vinegar. Blend well. Fold in the yogurt and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- For the potatoes: Wash and scrub the potatoes and slice into wedges, lengthwise, approx. 8 slices per potato. Spread them on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Transfer the potatoes to a zip tight bag. Add the seasonings to the bag and shake to coat. Spread the potatoes back on the baking sheet and place skin side down, spaced evenly apart. Spray once more with cooking spray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. After potatoes are fork tender, place potatoes under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp and brown lightly.
- For the chicken wings: Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning after 20 minutes.
- Remove baked chicken from oven. Combine pepper seasoning and brown sugar and shake gently over baked chicken. Turn to coat, then turn again. Broil for 5 minutes until skin is crisp and bubbly.
- Remove potatoes and chicken from oven. Let cool slightly. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese yogurt dip.