Are my picky kids beginning to be unpicky? Or does chocolate just contain magic powers that make anything tasty? Or maybe a little of both?
I think my finicky shark is still finicky. But my other boys-they may have found a new favorite gourmet grilled cheese.
Sure the fact that these heart heathy sandwiches were cut into a heart-pun intended-may have brought a little bit of interest to these sandwiches. Or the melting dark chocolate and gooey cheese dripping out the sides may have also contributed to that factor. Or they could have just been hungry. But I choose to believe that maybe, just maybe, these sandwiches were actually good enough for a kid! Say what? I know-it’s just too gourmet!!
The sweet dark chocolate ties well with the creamy brie and lightly salted sourdough. Try it you must. Especially with Just Hemp Foods hemp seed oil. The nutty, healthy glaze it adds to the bread is a plus!
These delicious sandwiches just take a few ingredients.
And some basic assembly and bread glazing.
Just sandwich the chocolate and cheese inside.
And place on a grill pan for a few minutes.
Okay, now go rush to the kitchen and make these!
*Inspired by this recipe by Giada De Laurentiis.
Grilled Brie Cheese and Dark Chocolate Sandwiches
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 485 calories
Fat 20 g
Carbs 61 g
Protein 18 g
- 4 large slices sourdough bread
- 4 oz sliced brie cheese
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp fresh basil from a tube
- 2 Tb Just Hemp Foods hemp seed oil (or olive oil)
- pinch sea salt
- In a small dish, mix together the hemp seed oil, basil and sea salt.
- Using a basting brush, brush the oil mixture on the outsides of the sourdough bread.
- Sandwich 2 oz of sliced brie and 2 Tb chocolate chips inside each of two bread slices.
- Place each sandwich (there will be two) on the griddle set over medium and grill on each side, turning after 2 1/2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice each sandwich in half to serve 4.
Don’t forget to enter the GIVEAWAY!
*This post was sponsored by Just Hemp Foods. I received free product from the sponsor for participating in #Choctoberfest with Imperial Sugar. No additional compensation was received by me. All opinions, text, images, and recipe are my own. Feel free to substitute the branded ingredients as needed with a like for like product.