I’ve come to the conclusion that natural date and nut energy bars can be quite addicting. I don’t know how many flavors of Lara Bars I tried when I was pregnant with my little girl, but that was one food that would settle my stomach and fill me up.
When I found out Just Hemp Foods was one of the sponsors for Choctoberfest, I decided date and nut bars were perfect for showcasing the healthy hemp seeds and delicious chocolate.
Enter German Chocolate and Hemp Seed Energy Bars. These bars are bursting with semi-sweet chocolate chips and rich cocoa, heart healthy pecans, hemp seed protein powder, fiber full hemp seeds and omega rich hemp seed oil. Sweetened flake coconut rounds them out, but if you are not a fan of coconut, you always skip it!
And what’s better than dipping these bars in even more semi-sweet chocolate and sprinkling them with flaked coconut and salted toasted hemp seeds?
I personally can’t think of anything better! And they are so simple to make! All you need is few ingredients and some Just Hemp Foods products-and a food processor.
Gather your ingredients, including Just Hemp Foods hulled hemp seeds, toasted hemp seeds, hemp protein powder and hemp seed oil.
In go the dates, chopped pecans, hemp seeds, flaked coconut, cocoa powder and hemp protein powder.
Next is the vanilla bean paste, hemp seed oil and mini chocolate chips. Add more hemp seed oil if it’s too dry!
Squish tightly into a brick and slice into 8 bars.
Tighten and pack each bar individually if they start to “crumble”.
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave dip half of each bar. Lay on wax paper to dry.
Sprinkle on toasted hemp seeds and coconut to your hearts desire!
Refrigerate until ready to serve, wrapping in plastic wrap to store after chocolate is set.
These bars are so amazing. Unfortunately you can’t find them in the store–you’ll have to make them. 😉
But the best part is, they are fun to make. You can even have your kids make them!
German Chocolate and Hemp Seed Energy Bars #Choctoberfest with Imperial Sugar – Giveaway
Prep Time: 27 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 8
Per Serving 531 calories
Fat 26 g
Carbs 78 g
Protein 7 g
Prep time includes chill time.
- 2 1/2 cup dates
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 oz Just Hemp Foods hulled hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tb sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tb unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tb Just Hemp Foods hemp protein powder
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 - 1 Tb Just Hemp Foods hemp seed oil
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tb Just Hemp Foods toasted hemp seeds
- 2 Tb sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Put the dates, chopped pecans, hemp seeds, flaked coconut, cocoa powder and hemp protein powder in a food processor and process until very well combined.
- Add the vanilla bean paste, hemp seed oil and mini chocolate chips. Pulse until combined and mixtures sticks together when squeezed, adding more oil if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a gallon sized zip tight bag or wrap in plastic wrap. Squish tightly into a brick and slice into 8 bars.
- Tighten and pack each bar individually if they start to “crumble”.
- Melt the 3/4 cup chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds intervals and dip half of each bar. Lay on wax paper to dry.
- Sprinkle on toasted hemp seeds and coconut to your hearts desire!
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, wrapping in plastic wrap to store after chocolate is set.
Don’t forget to enter the GIVEAWAY!
*This post was sponsored by Just Hemp Foods. I received free product from the sponsor for participating in #Choctoberfest with Imperial Sugar. No additional compensation was received by me. All opinions, text, images, and recipe are my own. Feel free to substitute the branded ingredients as needed with a like for like product.