Chai Chup Chicken Kabobs and Garden Cilantro Rice
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Number of servings: 4
- 1.25 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/2 large papaya, seeded, scooped and cubed
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup Chai Curry Chub, plus more for brushing
- 1 Tb butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 2 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tb Gourmet Garden cilantro paste
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden garlic paste
- 1 Tb Gourmet Garden lightly dried cilantro
For the Chicken and Fruit Kabobs
For the Garden Cilantro Rice
- For the rice, melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir in the brown rice, lemon juice, lemon zest, water and chicken bouillon. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered for 30-35 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and garlic pastes. Garnish with light dried cilantro and lemon slices if desired.
- For the chicken, cut the tenderloins into 16 equal pieces. Place the chicken in a shallow dish and cover with 1/2 cup Chai Curry Chup.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the fruit, removing peels, seeds or cores as needed and cubing into bite sized pieces.
- Skewer the chicken and fruit on each of 8 skewers, alternating the chicken and fruit. Skewer the remaining fruit on each of 4 skewers.
- Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill with non stick spray. Grill over medium low to sear the chicken, then cover with foil to cook through, 10-15 minutes total. Use additional Chai Curry Chup to baste the chicken and fruit, rotating the skewers as needed to cook evenly.
- Keep covered until ready to serve.
This post was sponsored by Intensity Academy and Gourmet Garden. I received one bottle of Chai Curry Chup and a variety of Gourmet Garden products from the sponsors for participating in #HotSummerEats. No additional compensation was received by me. All opinions, text, images, and recipe are my own, unless otherwise noted. Feel free to substitute the branded ingredients as needed with a like for like product.