I really hope you have a chance to try these apple dumplings. Or at least enter the giveaway here to win some awesome prizes.
Garden Ginger Apple Dumplings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Number of servings: 6
Per Serving 461 calories
Fat 20 g
Carbs 69 g
Protein 6 g
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 golden delicious apples, cored
- 6 Tb raisins
- 3 tsp Gourmet Garden ginger paste
- 6 Tb brown sugar
- Several dashes cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 Tb water
- 1 1/2 cups cool whip
- 1 Tb Gourmet Garden lightly dried ginger
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a lightly floured surface or a silicone making mat, roll puff pastry to 1/8". Cut into 6 equal sized squares.
- Place a cored apple in the center of each pastry square.
- Press 1 Tb raisins and 1/2 tsp ginger into each apple center. Press 1 Tb brown sugar over raisins and ginger. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Fold up corners of puff pastry to surround the apple and seal, pinching seams as needed.
- In a small dish, combine the egg and water with a whisk to create an egg wash.
- Place each wrapped apple on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper on a baking sheet. Brush each apple with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with cool whip, dried ginger and mint.
This post was sponsored by Gourmet Garden. I received complimentary products from the sponsor for participating in #HotSummerEats. No additional compensation was received by me. All opinions, text, images, and recipe are my own, unless otherwise noted. Feel free to substitute the branded ingredients as needed with a like for like product.