My daddy went to Ireland for 4 weeks. And then he decided to visit family in Germany for 2 more weeks.
Yea, he’s just having a little fun. Remember my dad with the incredibly large green thumb and my incredibly huge zucchinis?
Well before he left, he brought us a LOAD of garden vegetables. Fresh, organic, sweet and delicious.
I was beside myself on what to do with these. I had onions, tomatoes, zucchinis, and eggplant. Roasted vegetables sounded heavenly. Putting them in a soup seemed like perfection. Adding little bitty pasta shells screamed, “make me now!”
So I did just that. I simply roasted a huge tray of those organic vegetables-every single one of them, in plenty of sea salt and olive oil.
I added the vegetables to a blender a bit at a time. Check out those white eggplants!
I blended them up in batches.
And I added some cooked pasta shells and some chicken broth (you can use vegetable broth!)
And a bit of seasoning.
And boy did I make some perfectly Roasted, perfectly Savory, perfectly Sweet and Vine Ripe–Roasted Garden Vegetable Soup.
And it only took me about an hour from start to finish.
Yea, when my green thumb daddy comes back from his trip, I’m hitting him up for more vegetables…and maybe this time I’ll save him some of the soup. 😉
This soup is beautiful perfection in a bowl! I garnished it with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Yum!
You gonna share your soup???
Roasted Garden Vegetable Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Number of servings: 8
Per Serving 193 calories
Fat 7 g
Carbs 29 g
Protein 7 g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 5
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 3 lbs vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 yellow onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 small eggplants
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 Tb olive oil
- 1 Tb sea salt
- 1 cup dry pasta, mini shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut any large vegetables in half or quarters. Arrange the vegetables on a large baking sheet. Coat generously with the olive oil and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile prepare the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- When the vegetables are done, transfer half of them to a large blender and pulse with 1 cup of the chicken broth until desired consistency. Pour the vegetable puree into a large pot. Repeat with the remaining vegetables and chicken broth.
- Stir in the oregano, basil, salt and pepper and heat over medium high heat until heated through.
- Skim off any foam left behind from the vegetables.
- Stir in the pasta and serve, ladled into bowls, with crackers or crusty bread.