I was cruising through Pinterest one day and I stumbled upon the most simple of recipes. It literally showed how to make your own peanut butter with a variety of mix ins, like mixed nuts and CHOCOLATE!
I had to make this with my boys! And of course they licked plenty of spoons.
All I needed was:
2 cups of roasted and salted peanuts
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2-3 Tb peanut oil
And a food processor!
We started by pulsing the peanuts in the food processor. We took turns pushing the button and let it spin like crazy at other times.
It got pretty creamy. We liked it extra creamy so we streamed in some peanut oil.
And gave it another spin.
Then we added the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
This mixed up nicely-yum!
This stuff is great on warm toast. I also stuffed some inside of Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes that I made on the same day.
Yep, this stuff is mega addicting!
Store this stuff in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
Number of servings: 16
Per Serving 167 calories
Fat 12 g
Carbs 15 g
Protein 5 g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 5
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 2 cups roasted and salted peanuts
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 Tb peanut oil
- In a food processor, pulse the peanuts until they are a chunky consistency, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- When the peanuts have reached a creamy texture, stream in the peanut oil until it is the desired consistency. More may be needed when adding the sugar and chocolate.
- Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder with the salt and mix well.
- Serve on toast or with fresh fruit, as desired.