Another long day at work means a refreshing and satisfying after work treat. My kids get after school snacks, so why can’t I get an after work snack?
And I’ll get it done in less than 15 minutes so I can get dinner going for everyone too.
I like smoothies because you can create almost anything. It tastes like a meal and fills you up like a meal.
Especially this Caramel Banana Cheesecake Smoothie. It’s full of Potassium rich bananas, protein filled low fat cottage cheese, probiotic packed low fat organic vanilla yogurt and fiber full oats. With little bits of other goodies like sweet caramel, spiced cinnamon and delicious vanilla. Not to mention a sprinkling of shortbread cookie.
Yea, that’s a meal.
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup nonfat organic vanilla yogurt
1 cup low fat milk
1 cup Ice
1 1/2 large bananas
1 oz Neufchatel cream cheese
1/4 cup dry oats
2-3 packets Truvia sweetener
1 Tb caramel syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Throw everything in the blender except the ice and blend well.
Add the ice cubes and blend until combined.
Then garnish with additional caramel syrup streamed inside 2 large glasses or 4 small glasses, and fill with smoothie mixture, then top with crushed cookies.
Makes 32 oz. of delicious smoothie.
Unfortunately I had to share these with my kids. Of course, they inhaled them!
Caramel Banana Cheesecake Smoothies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 224 calories
Fat 5 g
Carbs 36 g
Protein 10 g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 6
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat organic vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 1/2 large bananas
- 1 oz Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/4 cup dry oats
- 2-3 packets Truvia sweetener
- 1 Tb caramel syrup
- dash cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tb caramel syrup
- 1 shortbread cookie, crushed
- Put all ingredients in a blender except the ice and blend well.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until combined.
- Garnish with additional caramel syrup streamed inside 2 large glasses or 4 small glasses, and fill with smoothie mixture, then top with crushed shortbread cookie if desired.
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
and look for the #15MinuteSuppers hashtag too!
- Blueberry Avocado Greek Yogurt Smoothie from Better in Bulk
- Blackberry Lemonade from Jen’s Journey
- Chocolate Banana Shakes from Songs Kate Sang
- Watermelon Strawberry Aqua Fresca from Around My Family Table
- Sunshine Berry Spritzer from Liz on Call
- Caramel Banana Cheesecake Smoothies from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Mango Avocado Smoothie from Upstate Ramblings
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.