I have some pasta addicts in my house! Do you have little critters with food addictions too? I actually made a huge pasta and pizza party for my finicky shark’s 2nd birthday years ago, because he loves both so much!
Nothing is better in a lunch box than pasta! It’s soft and chewy, full of flavor, filling and delicious. I found a simple way to make my famished fish and finicky shark a special dish any day of the week. And it’s microwavable. And completely lunch box ready in 20 minutes!
First I heated up 6 lasagna noodles, all broken up, in 1 3/4 cups of water in the microwave for 12 minutes. Of course I put the noodles in a large 2 quart microwave safe dish. I stirred the broken noodles halfway through the cook time.
Then I tossed in some simple ingredients: 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup of cheesy alfredo sauce, and 3/4 cup of frozen corn kernels.
I stirred it all those good things together.
And drizzled it with an additional 2 Tb of alfredo sauce. Then I put it back in the microwave and heated the casserole on high for 3 minutes.
Then I portioned the lasagna into 3 lunch box thermos containers and packed them in my 3 boys’ lunch boxes.
And viola-20 Minute Lunchbox Lasagna-Cheesy Corn Alfredo
And in case you were wondering, my kids came home with empty food containers today-they loved their lunchbox lasagna!
20 Minute Lunchbox Lasagna-Cheesy Corn Alfredo
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 3
Per Serving 35 calories
Fat 1 g
Carbs 6 g
Protein 1 g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 11
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken up
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 Tb white pasta sauce (alfredo)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- In a 2 quart microwave safe dish, add broken lasagna noodles and water. Microwave uncovered for 12 minutes, stirring halfway through the cook time.
- Stir in 3/4 cup alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, and corn. Drizzle the 2 Tb alfredo sauce on top and microwave for 3 minutes more on high.
- Divide into 3 servings in heat containing lunch box containers.
What do you pack in your kid’s lunch?
You may also enjoy Mac N Cheese Boats