We all know how Facebook just knows what stuff we read and love to talk about on our pages right? I mean, take Pillsbury for example. How did they KNOW I was looking for a delicious pumpkin breakfast for my kids. Like this yummy Pumpkin Spice Pull Apart Bread for example. OMG I wanted to make that now!
But as much as their recipe looks and IS really simple to make, I knew Monkey Bread would be extremely ideal for my finicky sharks. And perfectly bite sized, since they love to eat everything with their fingers. I remember making this in grade school-my teacher tossing biscuits in a big ziplock bag full of cinnamon and sugar and baking it in a crock pot or something! Do they do that anymore?!
So I got out my can of Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits-not the flaky kind full of excess butter. And my big can of Pumpkin Pie Mix-I love to keep this on hand for Pumpkin Spice Latte’s (PSL’s for you Starbuck’s fans). And of course—sugar, butter and pumpkin pie spice. What else right?
That can of biscuits was easily cut into quarters to make 32 cute little triangle bread dough pieces.
And mixing the bread triangles with the sugar, melted butter and pumpkin pie mix with some extra pumpkin pie spice was all that left to do before these hit the oven in a lightly greased loaf pan.
Just sprayed down with a bit of cooking spray and dumped into get all nice and ooey gooey toasty.
And just 350F and 50 minutes later this Pumpkin Monkey Bread was ready to be Spiced and Iced.
Some powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice and a bit of milk was all I needed to dress up this beautiful loaf.
And some very hungry sharks-er children-were all I needed to watch it disappear.
And again. This was even great reheated for breakfast-the next day.
Alright, now that wasn’t so hard was it? Okay, let’s eat!
Spiced and Iced Pumpkin Monkey Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Number of servings: 8
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 11
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin pie mix (not plain pumpkin)
- 2 Tb butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare a 8x4 loaf pan by spraying lightly with cooking spray.
- Separate the biscuits and cut each into quarters, making 32 triangles.
- In a large bowl combine dough, pumpkin pie mix, sugar, melted butter and 1 tsp of the pumpkin pie spice.
- Carefully spoon mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes until edges are lightly browned and dough is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and remaining 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
- Turn out monkey bread loaf onto a platter and drizzle with spiced icing.
- Serve immediately.
Do you have a Monkey Bread memory?
You may also enjoy Brown Sugar Scones