Gluten Free Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 369 calories
Fat 18 g
Carbs 34 g
Protein 19 g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 10
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- 8 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange brown rice flour, beaten egg and gluten free bread crumbs into 3 separate platters or pie plates.
- Dip either cheese first into rice flour, then beaten egg, then gluten free bread crumbs, using one hand for the dry dip and one hand for the egg dip.
- Lay the cheese sticks onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place cheese sticks in oven and bake for 5-8 minutes, turning over halfway through bake time. Cheese sticks are done when breading is slightly crispy and cheese is oozing.
- Arrange on platter and serve with warm marinara sauce.
Korean Dipping Sauce
2 Tb low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp pressed garlic
1/2 tsp chili paste
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 Tb green onion, sliced thin
Combine all ingredients and serve with favorite tempura vegetable.
I hope you enjoy these quick bites! My family and children sure did.
You may also enjoy
Zucchini Lasagna Bites