I love zucchini. It’s so healthy and full of vitamins and fiber, delicious in bread, stews, soups, grilled and stir fried. Whether it’s a quick snack or a petite lunch, I’m always looking for something healthy and tasty to use it in. These quick zucchini stacks are no guilty pleasure. They are perfect for your next cocktail party or ladies brunch, or even a quiet romantic meal with the spouse served with a bottle of red wine. Healthy layers of scrumptious zucchini meets savory layers of cheeses and Italian herbs.
Zucchini Lasanga Stacks
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Number of servings: 12
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 2
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 1 zucchini
- 2/3 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 2 Tb parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp iitalian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl combine cheeses, egg and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Place a zucchini slice in each muffin cup.
- Place scant teaspoons of cheese mixture over zucchini slices.
- Repeat layers, finishing with a final zucchini slice.
- Spray lightly over zucchini cups with cooking spray.
- Place in oven and bake about 8-12 minutes, until zucchini is tender and cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Carefully remove with small spoon and cool on platter. Serve immediately.
What is your favorite veggie appetizer?