Brown Sugar Scones
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Number of servings: 8
Per Serving 170 calories
Fat 2 g
Carbs 34 g
Protein 5 g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 5
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 2 cups self rising flour, plus additional for kneading
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 Tb milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add the yogurt and 1/2 cup milk.
- Carefully incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Allow dough to rest 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle additional flour-about 1/4 cup onto bread board.
- Knead dough, turning one-quarter turns, about 5-6 times.
- Pat dough into an 8 inch diameter circle about 1 inch thick.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges and separate slightly.
- Brush tops of scones with one tablespoon of milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.