Lightened Up Berry Almond Cheese Blintzes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 590 calories
Fat 23 g
Carbs 71 g
Protein 26 g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 12
*Nutritional value may vary depending upon which ingredients are used.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Famished Fish and in no way endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tb cup sugar
- 2 Tb cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup nonfat or reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet Truvia
- 1 Tb honey
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 packets Truvia
- 6 Tb cold water
- 2 packets Truvia
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tb powdered sugar for dusting
For the Crepes
For the Blintz Filling
For the Berry Topping
For the Topping
- Using a large stand mixer or whisk by hand, beat eggs, vanilla and sugar. Slowly add milk. Add yogurt and combine well.
- Gradually add flour, half cup at a time to avoid lumps, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Finally add melted butter and mix until batter is smooth.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet, about 10 inches, on medium-low heat.
- Spray with cooking spray. Using a ladle, pour crepe batter onto center of skillet, pick up skillet and rotate in a circle, coating entire pan with batter.
- Cook about one minute, then using a high heat spatula, careful flip over and cook another 30-45 seconds. Try to avoid browning or crisping of crepes.
- Fold into quarters onto large platter and keep warm by covering with a clean dry towel.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small saucepan, mixing first the water and cornstarch then adding the berries and sweetener. Simmer, covered on low heat about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and pulse in small chopper or food processor.
- Combine cheese filling ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Divide crepes evenly among 4 plates, 2 crepes per serving.
- Spread filling mixture, about 1/4 cup, down center of each crepe and fold inwards over filling.
- Drizzle with equal amounts berry purée. Dust lightly with powdered sugar. Top with fresh strawberries and raspberries. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.